- Current Food Handler’s Card prior to employment
REPORTS TO: Cliff Goodman
SUPERVISES: No one
JOB SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for washing & restocking clean dishes, bussing and wiping tables inside and outside. The dishwasher/busser may also assist the kitchen staff taking orders to customers and helping as needed.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct timely delivery and return of dishes to dining areas.
- Inspects dishes for cleanliness after washing, before restocking.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and supervisor/manager by communicating appropriate concerns and messages to supervisor/manager for follow up.
- Checks outside areas for cleanliness and customer needs, buses dishes and sanitizes surfaces as customers leave.
- Adheres to safe work habits as dictated by OSHA and DOH.
- Assists Kitchen staff with delivering food orders as required during heavy customer flow.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation of work areas. Includes cleaning and sanitation of dirty dish carts, trash cans, utility carts, cleaning of floor drains, polishing of kitchen stainless steel: walls, service areas, behind production equipment.
- Effectively manages tasks and overall time management in an effort to be prepared for challenges that may occur.
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Food Service preferred.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Customer service experience desirable.
- Maintain food handler’s permit (must obtain prior to employment)
- Minimum age is 18 years.