JOB DESCRIPTION: Pub Manager
Vashon Brewing Community Pub
Vashon Brewing Community Pub-
Creates a welcoming space to socialize for family, friends, and neighbors.
Serves local craft beer and other island made beverages.
Partners with local artisans and producers to foster island growth and connection.
Pursues new quality brews inspired by the Pacific Northwest.
We provide excellent customer service and all employees should have customer service uppermost in their mind. As an employee at Vashon Brewing Community Pub, you are a member of an enthusiastic team who is excited about creating a welcoming and friendly environment with coworkers and guests.
Current Food Handler’s Card
Current MAST card
Serve Safe training within one month of employment
SUPERVISES: Pub staff
REPORTS TO: Cliff Goodman
CLASSIFICATION: Salaried – 40 hour week, includes evenings and weekends
JOB SUMMARY: The Pub Manager has responsibility for all aspects of running an efficient, high quality, profitable, customer oriented operation with support from leadership team
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruits, hires, trains and counsels staff with support of HR when needed.
2. Writes monthly staff schedules and updates as needed.
3 Ensures employees have adequate tools and supplies to perform their jobs well.
4. Schedules staff training and meetings as needed.
5. Creates a positive working environment with customer service and priority.
6. Assures adherence to safe work habits as dictated by OSHA and DOH.
7. Inventories supplies and orders as needed.
8. Ensures infection control and processes (dating of food, properly covering of food, quick chill, temp logs) are in place to ensure the overall quality and safety of food.
9. Ensures beer and beer delivery systems are in good working order. Notifies Cliff or Baynody if problems arise ASAP.
10. Orders and monitors food quantities and works with production staff to minimize food waste.
11. Effectively manages tasks and overall time management in an effort to be prepared for challenges that may occur.
12. Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
13. Supervises efficient running of the pub and excellent customer service during high customer volume.
14. Meets with leadership team on a regular basis to discuss challenges and successes.
15. Fills in and pours beverages at bar as needed
16. Fills in and handles customer orders as needed.
17. Fills in and prepares food orders as needed.
18. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
1. Age 21 and older.
2. Supervisory experience and expertise managing people.
3. Excellent customer service and people skills.
4. Experience working in a restaurant/bar.
5. The ideal candidate will have experience in taking inventories and budgeting.
6. Takes the initiative.
7. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about beer and the brewing process.